The Trinity for Kids by Scott Stein

In this 2-part post, apologist and dad Scott Stein explains how to explain the doctrine of the Trinity to your children.  He writes:

"The doctrine of the Trinity is one of the most important teachings of the Christian faith, and yet admittedly one of the most difficult to understand, especially for kids. Nothing caused me more trepidation during nightly bible reading with my kids than beginning to explain to them how the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were all God yet different persons. My approach was prayerful, slow but steady.

I’d like to say that I have done it all right, but that would be a lie. I have tried however, to teach my children thoughtfully and accurately about God. No more has this been a challenge than when it comes to teaching them the Doctrine of the Trinity. What follows is not necessarily a formula, but just the approach I muddled through. My hope is that it might provide you with some help and confidence to not shy away from tackling this essential Christian truth with your own kids."

Part I is here.  Part II is here.

Enjoy!

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Comments