Do You Want to Become a Christian Case Maker? Learn an Argument!

As I have written before, when you initially accept your duty as a Christian case maker, the task can seem daunting!  Where does one start? There are so many arguments!  How can a laymen, with a nine to five job and a family, be expected to master the case for Christianity?

While reading through cold-case homicide detective and Christian case maker J. Warner Wallace's latest book, Forensic Faith, he offers some practical advice for the Christian asking these types of questions:

"When I first decided to accept my duty as a Christian case maker, I felt overwhelmed by all the diverse disciplines from which I could make the case for Christianity.  I was already in my thirties and busier than ever as a homicide detective.  I couldn't imagine how I would ever find the time to master all the philosophy and science.  So I decided to specialize.  I picked the one line of evidence that most interested me and spent as much time as possible learning everything I could...It required me to study so I could defend the claims of the argument...I knew I needed to articulate the case and respond to objections."1

This is excellent advice that provides a concrete starting point for the Christian desiring to learn how to "give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).

So, what argument are you going to master?  Please visit our recent post, "Mere Christianity Made Simple" for some resources to get you started.

Now, learn an argument, get out there and make the case!

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Our review of Forensic Faith is forthcoming!

Related Posts

Solving the "Who Made God?" Problem

A Cosmological Argument Primer

Abdu Murray makes his C.A.S.E. for the Resurrection of Jesus

Footnote:
1. J. Warner Wallace, Forensic Faith.

Comments