Article: How Intellectual Christians Can Fit in with the Evangelical Church by Kenneth Samples

I remember when I first made the decision to follow Jesus Christ.  I was excited about the evidence I had discovered for the reliability of the New Testament and the resurrection.  I went to church to discuss it with fellow believers, but to my surprise, most were unaware of it or just didn't care!  I learned a difficult lesson that day- many within the body of Christ are unaware of the rich arguments and evidence that support what they believe and others would rather talk about the big game than think hard about their Christian convictions.

As a result of such attitudes, intellectuals or thinking believers can sometimes feel out of place in church.  If you have ever found yourself feeling this way, you will be encourage by today's featured post by Kenneth Samples of Reasons to Believe.

In the post, Samples offers three ways intellectuals can fit in at church.  They are as follows:

1. Read the Writings of Some of Christianity's Greatest Thinkers

2. Find Like-Minded Individuals Within the Church and Build a Community

3. Don't Give Up on the Church

You can checkout the entire post here.

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Comments